We are a bible-beliving church located in Overland, MO. We are a church that values the bible, the gospel, joy, friendship, prayer, and fellowship. On Sunday, we gather for vibrant worship, prayer, study of the bible, and fellowship.
We celebrate communion on the first Sunday of every month.
We have an active Awana children’s program, small group ministry, ladies bible study, and are in the process of launching a men’s ministry.
Our church was founded in September of 2017. We meet at 9375 Page Avenue. Our church is located on a busy highway and is easily reached by Page, I-170, and many other routes in the community.
Some things that we believe are
- The Bible, in its original writings, is the Word of God
- God exists as one divine person but is equally represented as three distinct people, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This is often rererred to as the Trinity.
- Jesus is the Son of God. He came to earth born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on a cross, was resurrected 3 days later, ascended to heaven, sits at the right hand of the father, and will return one day to the earth.
- That man was created perfect but sinned by disobeying God in the Garden of Eden. As a result of Adam and Eve’s sin, all of humanity was condemned to physical and spiritual death. We are in a need of a savior.
- We believe that salvation is freely offered to anyone that believes in the deity, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This offer of salvation is based on faith alone and is not earned by any works. At salvation, the individual believer is indwelt with the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that baptism by immersion is both a matter of obedience to the command of Christ, but is also a means of identification with Him. Water baptism does not impart salvation to anyone.
- We believe that christian’s should fellowship together with a local body of believers. These local churches are part of the larger universal church. Local churches gather together for the purpose of discipleship, evangelism efforts, fellowship with each other, christian service, and worship. We often meet on Sunday, but also gather at other times for fellowship and worship.
- We believe that God grants every christian at least one spiritual gift. These gift(s) are to be used to edify (encourage) the body of Christ. We do believe that some gifts have ceased, specifically those referred to as “sign gifts.”
- We believe that Christ will return to the earth after a 7 year period of tribulation upon the earth. Prior to the 7 years of tribulation, Christ will come for His saints. This is commonly referred to as the “rapture.” He will return to the earth with His saints and establish a 1,000 year reign on the earth after the 7 years of tribulation.
- All people that have truly expressed their faith in Jesus for salvation will reside with Him after they die. All people that reject Jesus’ offer of salvation will spend an eternity separated from God in a place called Hell.
- We believe that God’s design for family is one biological male and one biological female, married.